03 April 2009

Queensland Trip

Early this year I went on a trip to Queensland with my boyfriend. We drove up to Brisbane going through Dubbo and Goondiwindi. We then stayed just outside Brisbane for about a week, and then flew up to Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays for a couple of weeks. On the way back we went on the coastal road and went through Coffs Harbour and Newcastle before returning home. It was a great trip and I really enjoyed it. There were also lots of photographic experiences so I thought I would share some.

An otter eating prawns at Dubbo zoo.

Infrared photo of a tree at a lake near Goondiwindi.

This was taken in my boyfriend's, grandma's yard. I spotted this green snake climbing down a palm tree. It was a little thing, less than a metre long.

This shot was also taken in my boyfriend's, grandma's yard. I was taking photos for 3 hours straight trying to get these guys, but they only landed once. They are called blue triangle butterflies.

This was taken at a beach near Brisbane called Burleigh Heads. I used a long exposure and a tobacco filter. You can see the Brisbane city in the background.

This is the view from my grandmas apartment on Hamilton Island. I love taking cockatoo shots there, but this year there were hardly any around as they brought in an eagle to reduce the numbers (they did this because the cockatoos were causing thousands of dollars damage to the hotel).

This is one of the jetties at Coffs Harbour, it was taken with my infrared camera as IR makes really punchy black and white shots.

Another jetty, this time at Wangi Wangi near Newcastle. IR again, but this time in colour (channels switched).

2 comments: