13 February 2009

Portfolio

Just thought I would add a couple of my portfolio images to get the ball rolling.

Life Without Rain
This is one of my favourite shots. It was taken here in Canberra, about 5 minutes away from where I live. I intend on getting it printed on canvas at some stage.
Pentax K100D Super
-
-
Bienvenido Al Infierno
This is one of my HDR (high dynamic range) images of the Church of St Andrew in Manuka.
3 exposures, Pentax K100D Super
-
-
Crossing Bridges
This is an infrared photo taken with my IR converted camera. Normally IR photos need long exposures as camera's have a IR blocker in them, but when it is taken out and replaced with an IR filter the shutter speeds become a lot shorter, meaning more versatility with shots.
This shot was taken at Weston Park.
IR Converted Pentax K100D
-
-
Bubbles
This is a self portrait taken in my friends pool.
I entered a competition named photo5, in which they send you 5 objects and you have to incorporate each one in a photo. One of the objects was a bubble blower, and this is what I came up with.
I thought about another way I could blow bubbles without using the bubble blower itself, so I decided to try an underwater shot. In post processing I removed the bubbles before my mouth and the bubble blower, to make it appear as if the bubbles were coming out of the blower itself. I also rotated the image so the bubbles were blowing outwards, not upwards.
-
-
I hope you enjoyed a quick look into my portfolio! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos Josie, your creativity is inspiring me to step away from my little studio and open myself up to other possibilities. You have a bright future ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete