I found it extremely useful for when I went to Cronulla, as I knew the area I was going to be in, but I was able to find exact locations of interest by looking at the work of others. This can help form ideas and make it much easier to go and take a good shot, rather than just hoping for the best that you will find something interesting!
So I highly suggest you use this site if you know you are going anywhere and you want to get ideas of great locations in the area! Whether it be Sydney, the Coast etc.
here is a screen shot of the site so you can get an idea:
Please note!: Be patient for it to load, it sometimes takes a while when you have zoomed in. When it is loading three circles will flash at the top of the thumbnail box. When they stop flashing it has found all the photos in the area.
So it shows thumbnails on the left, and if you hover over any of the blue squares it will show you a thumbnail of that photo. If you click on the square it will show you a larger preview. If you like the look of one of the photos in the box on the left, you can hover over it and an arrow will point to its location.
You can zoom in and out to get a wider view of the area, the more you zoom in the more photos will pop up. It also links to peoples flickr pages so you can go check out more of their work. You can also switch between satellite and map mode.
So it shows thumbnails on the left, and if you hover over any of the blue squares it will show you a thumbnail of that photo. If you click on the square it will show you a larger preview. If you like the look of one of the photos in the box on the left, you can hover over it and an arrow will point to its location.
You can zoom in and out to get a wider view of the area, the more you zoom in the more photos will pop up. It also links to peoples flickr pages so you can go check out more of their work. You can also switch between satellite and map mode.
I hope you can find it useful! I sure do!

No comments:
Post a Comment