.jpg)
For my final presentation, I chose to do the assignment where you chose your own story.
The story I chose was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I decided to do this story because I wanted to pick a story that many people would know, so the viewer can react to my photographs without needing an explanation.
I wanted to create something abstract without using post-processing (such as photoshop). So I used a wide-angle lens to take the photo and used black and white tiles and stripes to create something akin to an optical illusion.
Throughout the book, Alice is constantly eating and drinking a strange assortment of things that makes her grow and shrink, in my photograph I wanted to capture Alice just after she has grown to an enormous size.
To present my work, I wanted to add some interest instead of just framing it, so for the main image I put it in a wooden frame and hung a pocket watch off it (the kind the white rabbit is always looking at in the book).
On either side of the main image, I put to photos (reversed) of white roses that had been partly painted red. For those of you who are unfamiliar to the story, the servents of the queen (which were cards) accidently planted a white rose bush instead of a red one, so had to paint the roses the right colour. Around the frames of the two rose photos, I put paintbrushes which had been dipped in red paint, and a few cards on the corner. I included the Queen of hearts and the King of hearts in the cards as they are important characters in the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment