31 October 2009

Location - Folio - Beggers








I had a lot of trouble with my location shoot, as I felt extremely uncomfortable taking these shots. As I dont speak any Italian, it would have been near impossible to tell them about what I was doing and why I was taking their photo. Also they can be fairly dangerous, so I didn't want to get in any situations. (I had one lady pull my camera strap after I took her photo, and she was just a market seller.) So I took most of these photos very quickly, and as my family was rushing on towards other things I couldn't stick around long anyway. So I worked very hard to estimate the right camera settings and shoot it (mostly while moving).

These are the four begger photos I have chosen for my folio. Instead on focusing purely on beggers, I have decided to contrast them with scenes of opulence that I took in Italy (people, fashion, churches etc.). This way I will be able to create a contrast between the rich and the poor, and hopefully raise a couple of issues about poverty.

1 comment:

  1. Josie, these photos have such a power to them and they dont look like they were rushed at all. They have a great insight as to what poverty/world hunger/beggers are like all around the world and they just draw you in so that you can get an understanding of what it must be like for them. These are amazing photos and I could sit here for hours just looking at them...

    ReplyDelete