08 September 2009

Location - Social Commentary Folio Proposal

As I am going to Europe for a month in a couple of weeks, I have decided to do my social commentary folio over there. I will be travelling through Italy mainly, but also doing day stops in countries such as the Ukraine, Turkey and Greece. I will be taking photos throughout these places and have decided to focus on homelessness and poverty.
In Australia, particularly in Canberra, homelessness and poverty is not a commonly seen thing, as our government provides basic support to people in need, might it be money installments or government housing. In other countries however, poverty is fairly common and many people end up on the streets as they recieve no government support.
I think this will make an interesting folio as people living in Australia do not normally know about the conditions of other countries, and it can be quite appalling to see how many people in other countries have to live.
I have also chosen to focus on homelessness and poverty in order to raise a very important issue in the world today, and hope to recieve public recognition so that something can be done to improve conditions for people living in poverty.

1 comment: